OT - mail bombing?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT - mail bombing?
  • From: ECPep@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:17:22 -0600 (MDT)

In a message dated 97-09-09 13:36:46 EDT,I received the following posting:

<< Subj:	 FWD: RE: OT-PLANTS: Jacobean Lily
 Date:	97-09-09 13:36:46 EDT
 From:	bbaker@bmsinc.com (Benjamin W. Baker, RRT)
 Sender:	bbaker@bmsinc.com (Benjamin W. Baker, RRT)
 To:	ECPep@aol.com
 I was wondering if you could help me. I've been "email bombed"; that is to
 say that I have been subscribed to this list (and several hundred others)
 without my permission.
 Could you please email me with the instructions for unsubscribing to this
 list? I would greatly appreciate it.
 Please email to bbaker@bmsinc.com.
 Thanks for all of your help
 ===== Original Message from iris-l@rt66.com at 9/09/97 10:15 am
 Original Recipient(s):
 To: iris-l@rt66.com (Multiple recipients of list)
 Is this another name for Sprekelia?  Seems to me I have seen that in
 print in some catalog.  Sprekelia do wonderfully here and multiply
 like mad.  Easy to care for (if you remember to dig them before they
 freeze!), and I just let them dry out in the basement, put them in a
 corner, and next spring plant again.
 Arnold Koekkoek
 Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
 Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
 Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
 Sioux Center, IA 51250
 ***** Message Was Scanned For Viruses * >>

I have no idea why I have this posting and I don't know what mail-bombing is.
 I have no idea why it was written to me unless I was picked randomly from
the most current list of messages, I wrote two today.

If anyone can explain this to me, please do.

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, New York - zone 4 -  Berkshire area