Re: REF: Intro years

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: REF: Intro years
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 17:31:53 -0600 (MDT)

John I Jones wrote:
> I have a couple of iris in my database that I can't find descriptions
> for. They are outside the range of the references that I have
> Blue Cheer (Lauer '97)
> Vaudeville (Keppel '68)
> Drady ('?? - antique)
> Also, I have been fixing some minor problems in the '95 ER&I so any of
> you that would like up dated copies please let me know. I have also
> combined the '96 and '95, taken out all the extraneous page numbers etc.
> So that is available as well.
> Thanks
>                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
>                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.
> John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
> Fremont CA, USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
> Max high 95F/35C, Min Low 28F/-2C average 10 days each
> Heavy clay base for my raised beds.

John -- BLUE CHEER is a Larry Lauer 1997 introduction through
Stockton's, described as "a near true blue self touched lavender, with
heavy ruffling, eight or nine buds on three-way branching, and blue
beards . . ."  I think there was a discussion about DRADY sometime back.
You might find it in the archives.

Griff Crump, fresh from battling invasive weeds on the perimeter of his
garden, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA  jgcrump@erols.com