Re: OT-HUMOR: TEXAS grasshoppers

Celia, giving Walta "the business", wrote about his grasshopper infestation

<< Then we draw swords and flail away at one another until again  the
wiseacre pipes up: "Why not eat them?" >>

...and then suggested Walta, because he is revered for his sagacity--which
is so totally true, although I personally cherish his humah---should eat
these selfsame bugs.

Now, this is an odd segue and I must say I don't see the sense of it. I feel
compelled to rush to Walta's rescue by observing that the only time recently
I can personally recall any wiseacre suggesting we eat bugs was in May when
Celia herself suggested we all eat fire ants.

You first, girlfriend!

Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA