Various Pests

Hi all from Down Under,

Boy, reading all your problems about borers makes me think that maybe I =
won't consider ordering any plants from America, if I was going to think =
about it.  Have no idea how to go about it anyway.

As far as earwigs, we do have them here and I have heard (yet to try it) =
that if you lay rolled up newspaper (make like a tunnel) around your =
garden, the earwigs will crawl into it during the night.  Then the next =
day you just tip the paper on end and tap all the bugs into a bucket of =
water.  Apparently it works!

What about a cure for rabbits?  I have a couple of pesky ones around the =
house and I think they are just living in the bushes - no sign of any =
burrow that I can fill in. However, they have taken a liking to my Dutch =
iris and I am none too pleased.  Would be nice if someone knew of some =
sort of cage or similar that they could be trapped in and removed.  =
Traps are illegal and cruel anyway, plus I have my cats and dogs to =
consider.

All the best
Sue Stribley
South Australia
Where at last we have some spring weather - 21C, the sun is shining and =
I'm out into the garden!