CULT: Iris Borers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Iris Borers
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 19:31:14 -0600 (MDT)

Sue,
     If you were to order Irises from the United States, it is highly
unlikely that you would get an Iris Borer.  The is no chance of getting the
Iris Borer if you order from a source in California, Oregon, or Washington
because the Iris Borer is not found in those states.  When Irises are
shipped from the US to another country, they go through a thorough
inspection first.
     It sounds as though you had a nice spring day.  We would call it 69 F.
 Here, we finally got some needed rain.  A thunderstorm gave us an inch
during the night, and another thunderstorm gave us another inch this
evening.

Mark A. Cook
macook@iglou.com
Lexington, KY