Re: OT Various Pests

>As far as earwigs, we do have them here and I have heard (yet to try it) =
>that if you lay rolled up newspaper (make like a tunnel) around your =
>garden, the earwigs will crawl into it during the night.  Then the next =
>day you just tip the paper on end and tap all the bugs into a bucket of =
>water.  Apparently it works!

	I will try this and also Anner's hollow tube suggestion...our
	earwigs like water - altho' they will drown eventually. :)
	I had three buckets of water on the patio soaking new beardless
	irises before planting and every day, I would see the darn earwigs
	crawling around the plants when I went to change the water.

Ellen Gallagher	\ e_galla@moose.ncia.net \ Lancaster, New Hampshire,USA
  USDA Zone 3a \ Northern White Mountains\ AIS Region 1 {New England}