Re: Unprofessional nurserymen (was Stockton Gardens)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Unprofessional nurserymen (was Stockton Gardens)
  • From: apearce@academy.net.au
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:21:07 -0600 (MDT)

Walter wrote:
>	Obviously, Stockton Gardens think they can assuage the pain of not
>getting what one ordered by loading one up on '97's and '98's.  I do not
>fall for that.  My order was placed April 21, 1997, and I should have
>gotten everything I wanted.  If they were out of stock, I should have been
>informed at that time.  I feel that  this technique is still 'bait and
>switch' even if it involves plants of a higher value.   There will be no
>future orders from me.

Mum received a similar response from an Adelaide rose nursery.  She asked
them to bud some heritage roses especially for her.  They did, but then sold
the stock to people from interstate, and didn't inform her until much later.
They even had the nerve to comment how good it was that she had asked for
these unusual roses to be budded.  Meaning that when other customers asked
for them out of the blue they were able to supply them!!  I don't think
she'll be asking that nursery again.

Ann Pearce