Re: CULT: Borer predator?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Borer predator?
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:55:10 -0600 (MDT)

>Love to hear of someone who finds an irisborer moth predator or
>something.

Kathyguest... Would bats serve? They eat flying insects, and at night. When
I lived on the Gulf Coast, we loved to watch them swooping from the English
walnuts, eating what must have been mosquitos. Sometimes they'd drop very
close to the ground to snatch moths fluttering around the camp lantern or
wandering fireflies. In my Arkansas neighborhood, bats can be seen
competing with the purple martins on  calm spring evenings just at
nightfall. They eat all kinds of insects, why not borer moths?

celia
storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock