Re: CULT: Borer--for Bob

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Borer--for Bob
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:07:46 -0600 (MDT)

Irisborer@aol.com wrote:

  The other front of attack, of course, is the
> moth.  Love to hear of someone who finds an irisborer moth predator or
> something.
>
> Kathyguest... who hopes she can remember this vow all the way to November!

Kathy,

It seems to me that a Iris Borer pheromone could be developed if someone
had the scientific know how and money.  Perhaps this could be a project
for the Scientific Committee of the American Iris Society.  Just think,
all you would have to do would be to hang traps around your iris garden
and be protected.  Surely this could be within our reach.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California...where we fortunately do not have the borer, but I
do remember this horror from my time in Virginia.
Zone 8