Re: OT: Lamia

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Lamia
  • From: "Robert L. Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:06:59 -0600 (MDT)

"La mia" is a commonly used phrase in Spanish as well.  For a masculine
noun, the phrase would be "el mio."  Often the noun is understood as it is
in English, and the translation "the one of mine" or "the one for me" is
accurate, and actually "la musica mia" would be correct as would be "mi
musica."  Spanish uses articles with nouns much more than English does, and
that use sometimes seems redundant to English speakers though quite normal
to a Spanish speaker.  (Sorry for overkill, but once a Spanish teacher,
always one, I guess).

Patricia Roberson in Goldthwaite, Texas