COMP:WBS Petition.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: COMP:WBS Petition.
  • From: "Ryan S. Carter" <birddog@mnsinc.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:12:41 -0600 (MDT)

    I have started a petition for an iris chat on WBS (WebChat
Broadcasting Systems), a large conglomeration of chats. In order for the
petition to work, I ask you to sign it.

    What you need to do is first go to http://wbs.net. When you get
there, there will be a series of buttons in the center of the page. One
of these will be "Home and Living". Click on this. This will take you to
a page with many popup menus. On the right will be a picture of a scroll
with "Room Petitions" written on it. Go to this link. There you will
find two places to write your "handle" and password. at this point, if
you are not a member of WBS, click on this. It is free and
self-explanatory. Then return to this site. If you are a member, enter
your handle and password and you will get to a room with two buttons,
"Read and Sign a Petition" and "Make a Petition". Also there is a popup
me. It should say "Home and Living" if you have followed the directions.
Scroll down the menu until , undrer the heading of "Home and Living",
you see "Home and Garden". Select it. Click Go, and you will be taken to
a page with two pulldown menus. Pull down the top one. My chat is "Iris
Chat". Select it, click "Sign", and you're done!

    Please do this, as I must have many votes (at least 125) to have any
chance of having my room considered. My room may not be on the list for
a few days (as of Sept. 10) so please wait paitiently and then follow
the instructions. You will be alerted (if you vote) if the room makes it
or not. The instructions really are very easy and I may just be overly
blabbing. Please consider and feel free to contact me if you have any
questions. If this gets through, many people will be alerted of the joys
of irises. Thank you.