Re: Iris Borer (Research)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Iris Borer (Research)
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:59:47 -0600 (MDT)

    I feel that it would be worthwhile for the AIS to conduct some research
on the idea of trapping the male Iris Borer Moths.  You are correct in
stating that this has been done successfully with other insect pests.  In
this day of increased environmental awareness, I feel that this is totally
worthwhile.  This is especially true since Lindane will probably soon be
banned totally and some others like Cygon might be next.

Mark A. Cook
Lexington, KY