Re: red, white and blue planting

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: red, white and blue planting
  • From: art bern <art@gv.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:08:16 -0600 (MDT)

Michael Cook wrote:
>      The closest to red I have seen in a TB Iris is LADY FRIEND.  Thus, one
> could use LADY FRIEND, MESMERIZER, and BIG LEAGUE and have red, white and
> blue.  That would make a spectacular sight.
> Mark A. Cook
> macook@iglou.com
> Lexington, KY   (Red Hibiscus, White Phlox, and Blue Plumbago are blooming)

Found this old message and thought I'd add alittle note. Two years ago I
was introduced to a TB called TRIFFID. It's a SA and it's beard is very
patriotic, being red, white and blue. Course you have to use your
imagination as the red part is really orange but who's seen a red iris?

It's beard starts at the base as red(orange), midway it's white and
finally the end is blue. Cute.

Art  art@gv.net