Re: Stockton Iris Garden

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Stockton Iris Garden
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 07:27:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, J. Griffin Crump wrote:

> art bern wrote:
> >
> > I can't remember who it was but someone said they didn't want
> > substitutes but still received them from Stocktons. I just looked at
> > their catalog and noted that the bonus dollar irises may be substituted
> > at the discretation of Stockton. Were the substituted irises for the
> > regular dollar order or the bonus dollars? Just a thought as I'm very
> > pleased with their irises. Timing of their shipping is a different
> > matter.
> >
> > Art   art@gv.net
>
> Art -- In my case, the substitutes were for the regular dollar order.
>
> Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac near Mount Vernon, VA
> jgcrump@erols.com

	The same happened to me.  Most of what I ordered was substituted.
I really didn't pay too much attention on the bonus dollar section.  I was
peeved because the order was placed on April 21, and if they were out
of certain rhizomes, I should have been informed so that I could have
purchased them  elsewhere.  By the time the order was received in early
September, it was too late to place an order with anybody else.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8