Re: OT-PLANTS: Jacobean Lily

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-PLANTS: Jacobean Lily
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:33:29 -0600 (MDT)

I went to the 2nd website noted and found the pictured Jacobean lily.
 As I thought I had remembered (and questioned on an early message
here on the list a couple days back) this is the common name for
Sprekelia.   I was given a few bulbs by another member of our club a
couple years ago, and they have done marevlously in the garden.  I
just have to remember to dig them before they freeze.  Farther south
you wouldn't need to do that, I suppose, though they are very tender.
A beautiful, very exotic-looking flower, great cut flower, too.  Easy
to grow.

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250