Re: Various Pests

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Various Pests
  • From: IKern@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 23:02:48 -0600 (MDT)

Reply to Sue down under.  Here in Wis. I controll the rabbit population
knawing off my Iris by feeding them along with the birds.  Also, placing
clear glass bottles partially filled with water about every meter or so
around my Iris beds works wonders.  My Iris beds are in the front of the
house, and the rabbit feeding station is far into the back yard about a half
acre or so from the beds.  Here killing is also not an option and I have cats
and a dog as well.  The reflection from the water seems to spook them, and
the attraction of free food elsewhere makes the Iris look less than
P.S. Part of my passion is because my name is Iris.