  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:Rebloom: NORTHWARD HO
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:33:29 -0600 (MDT)

Walter Moores said:
         Two stalks of the above are currently reblooming for me.  At
> least, that is what my label reads.  It is a lavender pink plicata of nice
> form and is well branched and it a good 36" high.  However, in checking
> with the 1990 R & I, the descriptions reads pink brown standards and falls
> the same with a 'suggestion' of plicata markings.  To me this is a
> full-fledged plicata with brown shoulders.  I got this from a very
> reliable source and haven't really questioned the identity of this until I
> got out the R & I to write this report.  Does anybody else grown this
> cultivar?

I don't grow it, but last year on the list, if my memory is working
today, Lloyd Zurbrigg confessed that the description in the R&I is off
from what it usually looks like.  I don't remember details - check the
archives.  Seems like everybody was saying it is really unique and

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
No iris blooms - starting to be starved for iris flowers.  Weedy wild
scarlet morning glories rampant and gorgeous, to the delight of hummers.
(and me).