Lawn ponds and cottontail rabbits

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Lawn ponds and cottontail rabbits
  • From: bstassen@comp.uark.edu (Robert E. Stassen)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:59:22 -0600 (MDT)

On the subject of controlling cottontails in your gardens, I have pulled out
drowned rabbits from my lawn ponds (which have aquatic plants)  throughout
the summer, and anticipate far less damage from rabbits on shrubs and winter
annuals throughout the winter.  These are vinyl ponds, which apparently
prevent the rabbits from pulling themselves out.