Re: Rabbits

Ian E. Efford wrote:
> . . . there are no rabbits in North America except on one or two
> islands in Juan de Fuca Straits.
> Ian in Ottawa

Excuse me, Please! Ian, did your really mean to say this?  Seriously!!?

I have several field guides to the Sierra Nevada Mountains (at last
check still in North America, California, to be precise) that list at
least four  different species of rabbit . . . Cottontail, Brush,
Snowshoe Rabbits and Black-tailed Jackrabbit . . . native to North

Of course, I came in late on the exchange and that may explain my

Al Limberg
Concord, CA