Re: What is a "Blyth iris"

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: What is a "Blyth iris"
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <Koekkoek@dordt.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 12:23:31 -0600 (MDT)

Kathy Guest wrote the following in answer to the question as to what
a Blyth iris is.  "This is only an iris that is hybridized by a
gentleman from Australia named Barry Blyth.  His irises are often
distinctive and he's got a slightly different approach than many
other hybridizers.
His irises are availalbe in great selection from Keith Keppel in
California, to name one outlet.."

Gotcha this time, Kathy!  I know it is an inadvertent slip on your
part to say KK is from California.  He's been in Orego for 3-4 years
now., a  change which I hope will mean more hardiness bred into his
lines.  Beautiful iris,  but most of them won't do well here in NW
Iowa.  Blyth's iris, on the other hand, perform as well as anybody
else's here.  The most vigorous, prolific and floriferous IB I have
is Blyth's POSH, a golden orange.

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250