Re: Lawn ponds and cottontail rabbits

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Lawn ponds and cottontail rabbits
  • From: "J. I. Jones" <jijones@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:25:06 -0600 (MDT)

>Robert E. Stassen wrote:
>>
>> . . . I have pulled out drowned rabbits from my lawn ponds . . .
>> . . . These are vinyl ponds, which apparently prevent the
>> rabbits from pulling themselves out.
>
>Vinyl and epoxy surfaces offer nothing for the rabbits to "grap" when
>they try to extricate themselves from the pond.  You might try draping
>hardware cloth or chicken wire into the pond and you will solved the
>drowned bunny problem.  A small decorative boat dock built out into the
>water might serve the same purpose . . . be imaginative.  Of course that
>doesn't solve your garden bunny problem but it is more humane that
>allowing the critters to drown.
>
>Al Limberg
>Concord, CA

Thank you Al for thinking of that.

John

Bill

----------------------------------------------------------------|
| Bill Sweet                                                                 |
| V.P. Product  Marketing                                          |
| Atalla   (a Tandem company)                               |
| 2404 Zanker Road, San Jose, CA 95131          |
| Phone (408) 435-5347  Fax (408) 435-1116    |
| 3415 Oakwood Court  (home)                              |
| Morgan Hill, California  95037                             |
| Email:wbsweet@ix.netcom.com  (home)           |
| Home/Off: (408)779-7431 Fax (408) 778-7031|
| Cellular (Car & trips): (408) 398-7715                |