Re: IRC: Fri Chat - Sept Daze

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: IRC: Fri Chat - Sept Daze
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 19:04:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, John I Jones wrote:

> Well summer's gone, at least for most, leaving us dazed and in deep iris
> withdrawal. Fight off the blues with IRIS CHAT. Sometimes we even hear
> from the down under folks who can regale us with tales of new fans and
> bloom stalks forming.

	John, you could cure those Sept/Oct iris blues with some
rebloomers, and I would think in your climate Nov and Dec could offer some
rebloom also.
	Currently, I have two perfectly formed stalks of NORTHWARD HO in
bloom.  CANTINA  has been fabulous with July, August, and September
rebloom.  I see stalks coming on ICELAND, MY FRIEND JONATHAN, QUEEN
DOROTHY, and some of my introductions and seedlings.  I have even dug up a
seedling to keep it from reblooming so I will have plenty of stock as it
is an introduction for '98.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8