rabbits, skunks and woodchucks

I have  generations of rabbits scurrying about the lawn    and at all hours.
 The dog no longer bothers to chase them down, she must have lost the race
once too often.
there are now so many they must be breeding like rabbits.  which of course
they are.
The dog had been handy and did chase off half the squirrell population, and
   will run off the deer if she hears them at night. But what to do  aabut
all these rabbits?  I found a woodchuck hole in my veggie garden which is
adjacent to the iris and I gased him but he must have escaped and is back
eating my hollyhock babies. I live in fear they will all find the iris.

My father in law set out to live trap his garden woodchuck and caught a skunk
instead.  My mom in law would not let him do the inhumane thing and so he had
to go out in full raingear with bonnet and free the skunk.  To this day he
believes he is a marked man.  we say not just smelly.  Not sure what I would
have done.

Doreen F McCabe
Zone 5 member of AIS since 9/97!