Re: Phermone Traps for the Borer

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Phermone Traps for the Borer
  • From: Irisborer@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 11:42:23 -0600 (MDT)

In a message dated 97-09-12 17:06:32 EDT, Sandy writes:

>	How much time elapses between the time the larvae pupates and
>	the moth emerges?
>	How much time elapses between the time the moth emerges and
>	mates?
>	How much time elapses between the time the moth mates and
>	lays eggs?
>	How much time elapses between the time the eggs are laid and
>	hatch?

I just have to say that this irisborer discussion could be THE most important
thread on this robin!  This is an educational exercise, an intellectual
exercise and the results would be the salvation of the eastern tall bearded

I use Cygon... but I sure wouldn't mind NOT using Cygon if researchers come
up with a VIABLE alternative.  As it is now... those of use who grow iris DO
use Cygon... and those who don't seem to eventually declare that irises are
too much fuss and they're going back to something easier ... like roses or
orchids <vbg>.

I'm personally filing these posts and I'm sure others are.  Now - the next
queston is... how could we find out what research has been done on irisborer?
 I wonder if Cornell would be a likely place to inquire (Dorothy
Fingerhood... are you listening????).  And I wonder if we could do some kind
of 'non-official' research as a body here.  For example... I DO intend to try
the 'dormant oil' treatment.

So... that's all I have to say about THAT (for now).

Kathyguest... getting excited in East Aurora, NY