OK you have rabbits!

Iris Kern is perfectly right in saying that all the "rabbits" are in the
same family, as I also stated.  This, however, misses the point that I
was making.  That is that a discussion between Australia and North
America on rabbit control must take into account the difference in the
genera of rabbits that are being discussed.  They have different

To end my involvement in the discussion, let me give you some other
examples where the common name can mean different things in different

The elk in North America is the red deer in England

The moose in Morth America is the elk in England

Now, if we try to discuss the biology of these animals without knowing
that we are using different common names, we are in a real mess.

Ian, who will try to say less in the future!