Guest LA irises

Hello Everyone:

It is my honor and pleasure to serve as Convention Chair for the 1999
national convention of the Society for Louisiana Iris (SLI).  For the first
time in its history, SLI will hold its annual meeting outside the South La.

The purpose of this message is to invite all of you to donate your favorite
Louisiana irises to our local society for planting in display gardens this
autumn.  (Hybridizers are asked to send guests of their seedlings and more
recent introduced varieties.)

We have scheduled several gardens for the tour, which will be on Friday,
May 14, 1999.  Three of these gardens are quite large, with major ponds and
other water features.  We would like to have sweeping planting of La.
irises in place this fall, so we can have large displays for 1999.

In addition to recent hybrids, we are also planning on having a large
histor representation--and this is where you can make a contribution to our
convention.  Please send us rhizomes from your FIVE (5) favorite La.
irises.  Species are also welcome.

We will follow the AIS code of ethics.

Send to:

Central Arkansas Iris Society