Re: pretty on pretty

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: pretty on pretty
  • From: Mark Thornsburg <thrnsbrg@flash.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 06:51:48 -0600 (MDT)

Irisborer@aol.com wrote:

> As for 'pretty on pretty'.... I just mean you cross the two most
> beautiful
> things blooming - or you admire some characteristic of an iris and
> hope that
> it will carry over in a cross.

    Oh...I see.  I personally would rather take a "striking on striking"
approach.  ("striking" being  irises such as AIR UP THERE, MEGABUCKS,
and RAKU BLAZE)  I'm sure there are others so please let me know.  Why
don't we take a poll?  You write and tell me the 3 most striking irises
that are in your garden right now. (that have bloomed, not those you've
just planted.)  And please change the subject line to "Striking irises"
or something like that.
No jokes about the UPS strike or irises that strike when you're not
looking, please.

Rusty