Re: USA Plant Sourcebook?

 Is there a USA Plant Sourcebook similar to the Canadian one?
 It amazes me that anyone has done this anywhere! Probably
 bigger than New York City's phone book....
      Virginia >>

Yes indeed...

It's called GARDENING BY MAIL... on it's fourth release... and it's a book to
DIE for!
It's 8-1/2 x 11... only an inch or so thick... and has mail order sources
listed alphabetically, with a cross reference according to plant obsessed on.
 There's also a section on books, magazines, and tools and doo dads.  This
current edition - the fourth - is a few years old so it might be slightly out
of date... but not alarmingly so, I'm sure!

Furthermore, both the hosta-philes and the hem-aholics (daylily folks) have a
FURTHER breakdown ... a specific plant finder!  So if you decide that you
can't possibly draw another breath unless you own DARING DILEMMA, you refer
to EUREKA!.... look up DD and you'll find an abbreviated plant description
and a list of the mailorder sources.. plus the price they're selling it!  The
HOSTAFINDER is similar but not as slick.  Both of these books are updated and
published yearly.

BELIEVE Gardening by Mail is edited by Barbara Barton... EUREKA has a home
page on the internet... and anyone who wants to know more about the hosta
finder... let me know and I'll put you in touch with the author.

Kathy Guest