Re: USA Plant Sourcebook?

Virginia Lassiter asked:

<< Is there a USA Plant Sourcebook similar to the Canadian one?
 It amazes me that anyone has done this anywhere! Probably
 bigger than New York City's phone book....>>

The only volume I know that meets your description in having individual
cultivars from different genera listed with sources is the reference book
published by the Anderson Horticultural Library which retails for about forty
dollars in paperback direct from them and does have some listings of irises,
hybrids and species, by name. It is not as comprehensive as one might hope,
but it is useful  A good one to browse at the Library, and fairly recently

Anderson Horticultural Library Source List of Plants and Seeds
Minnesota Lanscape Arboretum
Box 39 Chanhassen, MN 55317.

Anner Whitehead,Richmond, Va
Henry Hall henryanner@aol.com