Re: Armadillo "disemboweling"? Huh?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Armadillo "disemboweling"? Huh?
  • From: bstassen@comp.uark.edu (Robert E. Stassen)
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:09:48 -0600 (MDT)

Could we please have a "moratorium" on animal pest expertise?  I plead
guilty to earlier posting my discovery that lawn ponds can provide a partial
control measure for cottontails, after which someone suggested I install
"docks" and "chicken wire" in the ponds so they can free themselves. (?)

Then this less than enlightened piece of information to someone whose kids
are manhandling the giant, man-eviscerating armadillos of Central Texas--by
the tail, no less:

"Make sure you know what you are doing when you try this.  Understand that
they have very large, very strong and very dangerous digging claws that came
easily disembowel a careless handler."

Great pictures in those Peterson Field Guides, eh Al?

Enough already.