Re: OT: Wildlife in the Garden

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Wildlife in the Garden
  • From: "Robert L. Roberson" <patrob@centex.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 20:22:02 -0600 (MDT)

Even though we are Texans, our armadillos aren't large enought to disembowel anyone.
And we have don't have the disease problems associated with armadillos in some parts
of the country.  In the situation I mentioned, my son held the armadillo for a minute
or so while "city people" took pictures.  It was then released to go on its way
unharmed.  They do a good bit towards reducing insect population if one does not mind
the digging and burrowing.  I've known of no one harmed by an armadillo.  They are
only a nuisance to us because of the holes they make, endangering horses