Re: USA Plant Sourcebook?

Henryanner@aol.com wrote:

> Virginia Lassiter asked:
>
> << Is there a USA Plant Sourcebook similar to the Canadian one?
>  It amazes me that anyone has done this anywhere! Probably
>  bigger than New York City's phone book....>>
>
> The only volume I know that meets your description in having individual
> cultivars from different genera listed with sources is the reference book
> published by the Anderson Horticultural Library which retails for about forty
> dollars in paperback direct from them and does have some listings of irises,
> hybrids and species, by name. It is not as comprehensive as one might hope,
> but it is useful  A good one to browse at the Library, and fairly recently
> updated.
>
> Anderson Horticultural Library Source List of Plants and Seeds
> Minnesota Lanscape Arboretum
> Box 39 Chanhassen, MN 55317.

This book is also available from Amazon books online:

http://www.amazon.com

Do a title search under the words "Source List"
$34.95. I have used them several times. The first time you go thru some
set up after that they remember everything and make it very easy.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.