ROFLOL (Rusty's Beer Drinking Armadillo)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: ROFLOL (Rusty's Beer Drinking Armadillo)
  • From: "Robert Pindell" <bobdell@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 07:54:02 -0600 (MDT)

Armadillos in Texas are like woodchucks in Ohio,
they are born dead at the side of the road.

The bottle had to be a long neck Lone Star Beer
bottle.   From my time in armadillo country I
know that it is the only kind they drink. :-)

Obligatory IRIS.
 A few weeks ago I dug and divided nearly all my
iris and replanted what I didn't give away.  I
also bought about a dozen new plants at the local
iris auction.

Everything has taken root and there are many many
new fans.  The bloom may not great next year but
if everything goes well 1999 will stop traffic.

Some of the plants I gave away went to a neighbor
across the street.  He is totally puzzled as I
am.  Suburban back yard too civilized for deer
but something *ate* leaves rhyzome and all, ten
of the twelve plants I gave him.  They were gone
with only a shallow hole in the ground to mark
where they had been.  (Nothing has bothered the
hundred or so I have.)  Any ideas?

Bob  In Lake Effect country east of Cleveland
Ohio.  Is it zone 5 or is it zone 6 with lots of
snow?

----------
<iris-l@rt66.com>
> Subject: Re: Armadillos
> Date: Monday, September 15, 1997 11:32 PM
>
> I have my own armadillo stories to share.
>
> About 6 years ago, we were driving down a
fairly common
> semi-residential street when we noticed a dead
armadillo to the side of
> the road.  Granted, that is nothing new, but
someone had put a beer
> bottle in one of it's claws...  we drove by 4
different times, and
> almost died laughing each time.
>
> I for one enjoy the "pest expertise" stories
and remind those that
> don't...that delete key is *great*
stress-relief therapy!