OT: abbreviations

I have noticed for the past few months, the increasing usage of
abbreviations - some which took me a while to figure out.  CV is
cultivar?  I saw it about three times before I figured it out.  There
are a few that I never did figure out.

If I had problems deciphering them, I'm sure others have too.  Let's try
to keep abbreviations to the minimum, please?

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada