Re: IRIS-L digest 763 Cult

Hello all,

After gardening for more years than I want to admit to ; >) I have a new
situation here and need some advice. We moved out of Zone 6A this summer
to a Zone 5 and sometimes down to Zone 4 winters and need to know if I
have to mulch or offer winter protection for my Irises. We never had to
protect anything where we were, so if you think we need to here, can you
suggest what to do? ie, would we mulch wih hay, branches, etc.

Thanks in advance,
who was given a box of Irises last week and is going to plant them just
in case they grow. : >)