OT: disappearing or trashed rhizomes

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: disappearing or trashed rhizomes
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 19:33:06 -0600 (MDT)

	My sister just sent me a post that might be relevant to holes where
	irises 'used' to be or 'wildlife' eating or trashing them.

	I sent my sister 12 bearded rhizomes, from MDBs to TBs, in July.

	Things were going fine until Gus, their Australian Shepherd dog,
	did his deed.

>	Bad News - Gus apparently isn't too happy with my new schedule and he
>trashed my irises.  I came home from work the other night and he had dug
>them all up, broke all the new growth off of the rhizomes and completely
>destroyed the spot.  He has never done anything like that before.
>Definitely ticked me off.

	Me, too, Nancy..... but there is always next year. :))

 Ellen Gallagher
 USDA Zone 3 - NH,USA
"On the Internet no one               /  __/~|   /       |
 knows you're a dog"                =(  _____| (_________|