Re: HYB Green Iris...was Three Striking Iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: HYB Green Iris...was Three Striking Iris
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:48:14 -0600 (MDT)

Walter A. Moores wrote:

>         Excellent choices, Anner.  I just got EVERGREEN HIDEAWAY from R &
> R this year and am planning to plant it next to HELLO HOBO and GREEN AND
> GIFTED to see which is really green.

I have about 30 seedlings to bloom next spring from Evergreen Hideaway X
Green And Gifted.

Maureen Mark,

I have asked visitors to the garden to tell me what color Evergreen
Hideaway is.  Invariably they all say chartruese.  This iris is the
closest to green that I have ever seen.  In my climate it grows
smallish.  Foilage and stalks.  It is however vigorous and floriforous.
Green And Gifted is somewhat of a greenish-champagne cream blend.  In
cooler weather some blue appears in the falls.  G&G has a striking dark
brown beard.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California