Re: Yellow nutsedge control-Basagran

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Yellow nutsedge control-Basagran
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 11:54:37 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Robert E. Stassen wrote:

> Walter,
>
> Obviously, I think you were using a rate a "little higher" than a quart of
> product/acre (or in a suspension with water, at about 50 gals. spray per
> acre, or a 1:200 ratio).  Remember, this product was successful in
> selectively removing broadleaves from soybeans and  yellow nutsedge from
> bluegrass lawns.   At recommended rates, the product has little, if any soil
> activity.  What did you do, pour it out of the jug on the ground?  (Is it
> any wonder why ag-chem companies AVOID home owner/gardener markets?)

	I am always very careful with chemicals...look like a spaceman
when applying them.  I followed the directions on the product label.  I
did not just pour it out on the ground!  The stuff was very expensive, and
I have better sense than just to waste it on the ground by pouring it out
of the jug.  I am just reporting my experience with it, and I can assure
you that I will never buy it again.  What I bought could have been a bad
batch or superstrength.  I don't know.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8