Re: Burning off

As for burning in the spring, I know that Alan Ensminger used to do
this regularly.  I say "used to" because it was a couple years ago
that I heard him say that, and I don't know if he still does it.  I
know I can't because of local burning laws.
	As for the discussion about bricks on the iris, I don't want to get
into a controversy or argument.  I can only reiterate that I do it
and it works.   Of course I didn't try to give a scientific
explanation of why, since I don't know.  (For that matter, I don't
really care.)   John, you may not want to be on your knees, but my
back would kill me if I tried to garden standing up, while the knees
can take it., at least so far.  Different climates need different
approaches, I think, which is why what works for NW Iowa might be
irrelevant elsewhere.

Arnold Koekkoek

Arnold Koekkoek                         Home Ph. (712) 722-0724
Assoc. Prof. of History                 Off. Ph. (712) 722-6326
Dordt College                           e-mail koekkoek@dordt.edu
Sioux Center, IA 51250