Re: CULT: Blyth iris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Blyth iris
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 18:12:24 -0600 (MDT)

Rick Tasco wrote:
> I met Barry at this past AIS convention in Dearborn.  I sat next to him
> during the judges training given by Linda Miller.  We had a nice chat at
> which time he mentioned he was coming to California next spring to tour
> gardens.  Well, you know I invited him to see my garden and to stay over
> if he wished.  I gave him my card and he told me that would be a
> possibility.  So we will see...
> He seemed to be a very likable fellow and I'm sure he would answer any
> letters you sent.  Go for it!

And others mentioned his upcoming visit -

Great news!  I will send him a letter - surely even as slow as I
move, I will get it done before spring.  And if he comes to
visit gardens of listers in the US (or Australia, for that matter), he
will be close to being on-line, though bloom season is not exactly a
slow time to have long discussions about hybridizing!

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA