CULT crickets

In a message dated 97-09-17 19:04:19 EDT,Celia writes:

<< celia
 Little Rock
 P.S. The tattered remnants of TOMOKO, GINGER SWIRL, FRENCH PERFUME and
 AMBER TAMBEUR were set upon by crickets and polished off. But the rest of
 my TBs survived unharmed.

Hi All,

I want express my amazement that crickets eat irises.  These must be southern
crickets.  There was a grasshopper thread also recently.  They must be
special southern grasshoppers.

We have both crickets and grasshoppers and I have never observed either to
harm garden plants.  Some years we have huge cricket populations, they fly
all over in front of the mowers.  We have one living in the back hall closet
right now.  But.........never have I seen a cricket feed in the garden nor
have I suspected crickets.  Is the cricket a garden pest in the south?

Claire Peplowski
East Nassau, NY - zone 4 - Berkshire area