OT: Moving to Florida

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: OT: Moving to Florida
  • From: "Michael Cook" <macook@iglou.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:09:44 -0600 (MDT)

     As many of you all know, I will soon be moving to Florida.  The way
things stand as of now, I will be departing Lexington for Florida on
September 26, one day earlier than previously anticipated.  The move is
mostly for health reasons since both my Mother and I have an extreme
sensitivity to lack of natural light. (SAD:  Seasonal Affliction Disorder)
We almost didn't survive this past winter and non-spring.
     Since I have been informed that Louisiana Irises, Japanese Irises,
Iris pseudacorus, and Iris tridentata can be raised there, I will be taking
starts of these with me.  Also, since I have heard mixed results with TB
Rebloomers and Siberians, I will take some pieces to try.
     The computer will have to be taken down on the evening of Wednesday,
September 24.  As a result, I will have to Unsubcribe late on the 23rd or
no later than noon on the 24th.  My Unsubscribing will be temporary,
because once we get settled in Florida, we will re-connect to the Internet
and I will come back on board the Iris-L.  Since the computer desk got sold
with the house, and Iglou is a regional ISP (but they are good), we will
have to get a new computer desk and a new ISP (Internet Service Provider) ,
so I could take a couple of weeks before I can get back on line.  I will
miss you all during that time span.
     For those who may need to contact me after I temporarily leave the
Iris List next week, my new mailing address will be:

	Mark A. Cook
	9100 SW 202 Ave. Rd.
	Dunnellon, FL. 34431

     Mail delivery should start there by September 29.
     I have already packed up my reference materials, including my
Checklists, so I can no longer help with that kind topic.  This was
necessary so that the first couple days of next week can be dedicated to
the VERY important task of preparing Irises and Daylilies to be taken
     I will still be with you all for a few more days before I leave,
though, and as General MacArthur said:  "I will return."

Mark A. Cook
Lexington, KY