Re: Re. Striking irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Re. Striking irises
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:29:00 -0600 (MDT)

Robert Pindell wrote:

> My definition of a "Striking Iris" is one that I
> can plant in my front yard that will stop
> traffic.  I want a couple, (TB?) that will get
> people to stop their cars and gawk.  I have read
> the names but they do not mean much to me because
> I really do not know what they look like.  Are
> there any traffic stoppers?

Bob,

If you want one that will jolt your traffic to a stop try JOLT.  A
flaming golden orange that will be like a beacon in your garden.  DANCE
HALL DOLLY will have them dancing after they see JOLT.  DANCE HALL DOLLY
has light violet standards, deep maroon falls and bright orange beards.
Striking both!

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California