REB: keeping blooms

	Rick Tasco wrote:

>If danger of a freeze is imminent, cut the stalk of Crimson King and
>enjoy it inside.  The stalk and flower will be damaged at 32 degrees and
>below.  Even at 32 for a few hours the buds showing color will be
>damaged slightly and you won't be able to see it's true form.  Take it
>from one who has seen hundreds damaged or turned to mush.

	Thanx for the advice - actually, the stalk is not in full bud yet
	and I am chancing it for a few days....I want to take a photo of
	it in full bloom in my garden this late in the season so I can
	send it to my sister and 'Gus'. :))

	Your irises are doing great, BTW. Do you have any ideas why the
	irises from you and Lowell do better here in the 'rain forest'?

	Are they thirsty? <G>

	Cheers,

	Ellen

Ellen Gallagher	\ e_galla@moose.ncia.net \ Lancaster, New Hampshire,USA
  USDA Zone 3a \ Northern White Mountains\ AIS Region 1 {New England}