RE: CULT - Pot culture

Here is one other point of view on this.  While I have not had to do this
with irises, since I don't normally "pot" them, I do grow those other
gorgeous beauties of the horticulture world, orchids.  Now THEY need
drainage, and crockery and rocks have been used forever to let the water
level drop below media level.

The current thought is to use strofoam peanuts!  I have been doing it for
about a year, and it works great.  They keep the pots light, it is free (do
NOT use the starch type, they will melt!), and they drain immediately.  This
allows the media (not as much a concern for irises, I admitt) to stay moist
for enough time to keep the plant happy, but not be "wet", the major killer
of orchids.

Just a thought, since it is cheap and easily available...

Thanks to all who ID'd my iris!

Also, does anyone know where you can find that anti-fungal powder they put
on bulbs when you buy them from the stores?  Should I dust everything with
that when I dig up in Nov to hold over winter and move in spring to NE WA state?

Sharon A. Ruck,  the herb and Harley Davidson lady