Re: "thirsty" iris--not

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: "thirsty" iris--not
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:55:06 -0600 (MDT)

Ellen Gallagher wrote:

>         Your irises are doing great, BTW. Do you have any ideas why the
>         irises from you and Lowell do better here in the 'rain forest'?
>
>         Are they thirsty? <G>

Ellen--

I'm sure our iris aren't "thirsty"--even though we get NO natural rain
here in our part of California from April through October, we do a good
watering once a week during the digging season.  So they're definitely
not "thirsty".  Our iris field is basically semi-damp all summer.

So....they're probably doing so well for you because of all the TLC that
we give them and then obviously you've continued that care. :-)

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--expecting a below
normal day today with highs in the lower 80s as the cloud remnants of
Hurricane Linda are still obscuring our sun somewhat