RE: BTW -- was "thirsty" iris--not

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE: BTW -- was "thirsty" iris--not
  • From: "Mark, Maureen" <Mark.Maureen@fin.gc.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:52:15 -0600 (MDT)

Is BTW a person?

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada

		-----Original Message-----
		From:	Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan
[SMTP:randrcv@sierratel.com]
		Sent:	Thursday, September 18, 1997 12:27 PM
		To:	Mark, Maureen; Multiple recipients of list
		Subject:	Re: "thirsty" iris--not

		Ellen Gallagher wrote:

		>         Your irises are doing great, BTW. Do you have
any ideas why the
		>         irises from you and Lowell do better here in
the 'rain forest'?

		>         Are they thirsty? <G>

		Ellen--

		I'm sure our iris aren't "thirsty"--even though we get
NO natural rain
		here in our part of California from April through
October, we do a good
		watering once a week during the digging season.  So
they're definitely
		not "thirsty".  Our iris field is basically semi-damp
all summer.

		So....they're probably doing so well for you because of
all the TLC that
		we give them and then obviously you've continued that
care. :-)

		Rick Tasco
		Superstition Iris Gardens
		Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone
8--expecting a below
		normal day today with highs in the lower 80s as the
cloud remnants of
		Hurricane Linda are still obscuring our sun somewhat