Re:OT PKG from Anner

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re:OT PKG from Anner
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:47:34 -0600 (MDT)

     Today I received a PKG from Anner Whitehead, Richmond, VA.  The TLC
she has expressed on this List in her posts, responses, stories has
carried over into the mundane procedure I abhor in growing irises, i. e.,
packaging and shipping.

     I have never seen such care go into the packing of a PKG in
all of my life.  Anner sent two pseudacorus that could have survived a two
weeks trip across the Sahara and still have arrived green, crisp, and
moist.  The historic TB, ALCAZAR, was already bleached, so all I have to
do is 'set' it in its reserved spot in the historical bed.  And, two
surprises (extras) were in the box...the daylily RED RIBBONS and a potted
rose, BUFF BEAUTY.  Not one speck of soil was missing from the rose pot.

     I have thanked Anner for her generosity, and I wanted the list to
know what an expert PKGer she is.  All of us (Michigan Bulb especially)
can learn from her when it comes to shipping non bear-root plants across
the country.

     Thanks again, Anner!

     Walta