Re: SocGnus

	Saturday, September 20, the North Mississippi Lakes Iris Society
will be winding down its fifth organizational year (except for Christmas
dinner) with a gathering on Carrie Rice's island, actually a peninsula
that extends into her private lake.

	From its founding in January 1992 with five charter members, our
society has grown to a membership of thirty.  With spouses and children,
Carrie expects to feed forty-five to fifty hungry mouths from her outdoor
grill on the island.  Also, a few with notorious appetites from the
Memphis area have been invited.

	But, before the feast, there will be a short business session
indoors followed by a showing of Paul Gossett's LA Society and AIS
Convention slides.  Door prizes of bearded and beardless irises will be
awarded.  Enough have been dug so that everybody will win one!

	Then, outside where Carrie will grill her famous hamburgers.
Home-made ice cream will be provided by other society members.  Let's keep
our fingers crossed that the arrival of the predicted cold front with
rainfall will be delayed so we can party on!

	I hope I did not bore anybody - just wanted to share with you the
enthusiasm that exists in NMLIS!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8