Re: REB: Rebloomers blooms

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: REB: Rebloomers blooms
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 19:09:32 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, art bern wrote:

> Is there anywhere that gives the dates of reblooming irises as to when
> they rebloom? Regular TB's are ranked as early, mid or late bloomers
> during the regular season. What about rebloomers?
> Art Bern  art@gv.net
> Grass Valley, CA
	Growing conditions and weather may preclude rebloomers from having
such rebloom dates registered.   Usually a month is recorded with the
registration information; however, that is 'iffy' also.  I registered
GRAPE REPRISE as reblooming in Sept., which it usually does.  But, this
year, it rebloomed in early August, and its sib, VIOLET REPRISE doesn't
appear to want to rebloom at all this year, and they are side by side in
my rebloomer display bed which gets extra TLC.

	NORTHWARD HO rebloomed in September this year, and last year it
didn't rebloom until November.  Zurbrigg registered it as reblooming in
October in VA.

	As somebody said, 'go figure.'

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8